- This event has passed.
Café Mathématique: What is a model of COVID-19?
August 12, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Café Mathématique is a free, online public forum where anyone can learn how math underpins our understanding of the COVID-19 pandemic. Hear from a panel of experts at universities across Canada as they answer the question, “What is a model of COVID-19?”, followed by a lively discussion where audience members are encouraged to ask questions and explore ideas about modelling the pandemic.
- Javier Sanchez, Associate Professor, Epidemiology, University of Prince Edward Island
- David Buckeridge, Professor, Epidemiology, Biostatistics & Occupational Health, McGill University
- Ashleigh Tuite, Assistant Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto
- Caroline Colijn, Professor and Canada 150 Research Chair, Mathematics, Simon Fraser University
- Jane Heffernan, Professor, Mathematics and Statistics, York University
- Jude Kong, Assistant Professor, Mathematics and Statistics, York University
Register at http://www.fields.utoronto.ca/activities/20-21/cafe-math-covid