AARMS Statement on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
AARMS aims to promote and celebrate diversity in the broadest sense, supporting a community that is welcoming and engaging for persons from a wide range of personal and professional backgrounds. These are essential elements for achieving excellence in mathematical sciences research and dissemination.
Furthermore, we are committed to positively encouraging and supporting the participation of persons from underrepresented groups including, but not limited to, indigeneity, race, nationality, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, and religion, in all aspects of AARMS activities.
EDI Action Commitments
- To maintain a permanent EDI Committee tasked with the continuous improvement of AARMS EDI policy;
- To publish on our website the EDI Action Plan for the current year, including indications of progress on each Action Item;
- To publish on our website statistics collected concerning the participation of underrepresented groups;
- To strive for openness and accountability in our EDI process by publishing the membership of our EDI Committee and encouraging community participation.
- Turkuler Durgut
- Fateme Gholami
- Armin Hatefi
- David Langstroth (chair)
- Tara Taylor
Members of the AARMS EDI Committee serve for a 1-year term, starting September 1. We encourage any person who participates in AARMS activities to take part. Please contact the Committee Chair if you would like to participate.
EDI Action Plan 2023-2024
|Expand Relationships with EDI Activist Groups||31/08/2024||In Progress|
|Create programming for underrepresented groups||31/08/2024||In Progress|
|Create Dispute Resolution Process||31/08/2024||Not started|
|Revise AARMS Statutes||31/08/2024||Not started|
|Create EDI Education/Training for AARMS Community||31/08/2024||Not started|
AARMS and its member universities are located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People, the ancestral territory of the Beothuk, Inuit and Innu territories of Labrador, and the unceded territory of Wolastoqiyik. We acknowledge them as the past, present, and future caretakers of these lands.
EDI Statistics (self-reported)
- Membership of AARMS Boards and Committees as of September 2023 (PDF file)
- Recipients of AARMS Funding (to be published)
- Participants in AARMS Programming (to be published)