A Collaborative Research Group (CRG) consists of Atlantic Province University researchers with common research interests who wish to collaboratively develop their research programs.
Members of a CRG typically organize intensive workshops, share PDF appointments, coordinate graduate training programs, propose and assist in AARMS summer school programs, jointly supervise graduate students, and carry out other activities supporting their research programs. AARMS will accept submissions which demonstrate an intention to develop a viable group in the long term, preferably with national and international connections and collaboration. AARMS will provide up to $20,000 per year for a period of up to 2 years. Funded groups may reapply to the program only once. For more information on this program please download our information sheet.
Future AARMS Collaborative Research Groups
- Dynamical System and spatial models in ecology under the Administration of Amy Hurford
- Statistical Learning for Independent Data under the Administration of Ying Zhang
Current AARMS Collaborative Research Groups
- The Atlantic Collaborative Research Group in Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing, under the Administration of Ronald Haynes
- Mathematical and physical aspects of black holes, under the Administration of Ivan Booth
- Iterated Function Systems (IFS), Fractals, Invariant Measures and Applications, under the Administration of Shafiqul Islam
Past AARMS Collaborative Research Groups
- Statistical Modelling of Complexly Correlated Data with Applications, under the Administration of Renjun Ma
- Graphs and Games, under the Administration of Richard Nowakowski
- The Atlantic Algebra Centre, under the Administration of Yuri Bahturin
- The Collaborative Research Group in Dynamical Systems, under the Administration ofTheodore Kolokolnikov
- The Collaborative Research Group in Mathematical Ecology and Epidemiology, under the Administration of James Watmough